Membership - The GRC Advantage
How Do I Join?
To join download: GRC Membership & Policy Committee Application......... (PDF)
or find out more about the benefits of GRC Membership on the My Geothermal website.......
Current GRC Members can update profile information, renew membership or search the Membership Database by using your Member ID and Password online........... Renew and update your profile online on the My Geothermal website........
The GRC membership is open to any person, organization, agency, or company. Membership advantage include access to:
- GRC Annual Meeting - the largest geothermal
conference in North America, the GRC Annual Meeting is
the most important yearly event in the geothermal world.
- GRC Bulletin - (6 issues) official worldwide industry trade publication of the Geothermal Resources Council, the Bulletin is the definitive voice for geothermal energy development and production.
- Global Geothermal News - Weekly Summary - All members receive a weekly summary of articles from the Global Geothermal News website.
- GRC Membership Roster and Registry of
Geothermal Services & Equipment - a
unique publication that provides business, consulting
and research contacts throughout the international
- Online GRC Library - More than 40,000 catalogued items,
free downloads of premium content.
- Education Program - special meetings,
workshops, and conferences on a broad range of topics
pertaining to geothermal exploration, development and
utilization at a discount to members.
- International Geothermal Association (IGA) Membership - through the GRC's affiliation with the International Geothermal Association (IGA), all GRC Members are automatically members of the IGA, which offers discount registration to its World Geothermal Congress events (every 5 years), quarterly IGA News and a special discount rate for the international publication, Geothermics.
Additionally, GRC members receive a discount on advertising and exclusive first-access space consideration in all GRC publications. For more information about advertising, please contact Anh Lay. More information about a GRC Membership Application. New members can also contact GRC at email@example.com or (530) 758-2360 for further information.
Types of Memberships
- Individual: Includes Regular, Student and Benefactor.
- Student: Individuals with current ID card from accredited institution.
- Benefactor: Individuals who give extraordinary support to the GRC.
- Retired: 65 years of age and older, retired.
- Library Subscription Only: Public and private libraries, booksellers.
- Group: Please call for details.
- Corporate: Includes Company, Supporting, Sustaining and Patron Memberships.
Your Corporate Membership provides various levels of representation for your organization. Each representative can vote in the GRC Board of Directors elections and will receive the GRC Bulletin, Membership Roster and Registry of Geothermal Services & Equipment, Annual Conference information, and workshop flyers.
Take advantage of the representation your membership allows at the following levels:
- Company (up to five memberships)
- Supporting (up to eleven memberships)
- Sustaining (up to twenty memberships)
- Patron (up to thirty membership
GRC Announces New Policy Committee
The GRC Policy Committee (PC) is an add-on option for GRC members who want to fund advocacy work at the federal, state and local levels. A continuation of the expansive work of the Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), the Policy Committee is comprised of companies and individuals from a broad spectrum of the geothermal power industry. The GRC Policy Committee advocates for public policies that will promote the development and utilization of geothermal resources and provides a forum for the industry to discuss issues and problems.
A GRC membership is required to participate in the 2018 GRC Policy Committee. The following optional levels are available through the GRC office or by updating your membership online.
Below are the different levels and benefits of a Policy Committee (PC) Membership. Note: PC fees are in addition to GRC membership fees.
- Individual $70 - PC Individual Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls. (available only to GRC Individual, Student, and Retired members)
- Benefactor $100 - PC Benefactor Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls. (available only to GRC Benefactor members)
- Non-Profit/University $150 - PC Non-Profit/University Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls. (available to GRC Individual and Benefactor members)
- Business Level $375 - PC Business Members will be included on PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls. (available to only GRC corporate level members)
- Industry Level $1,150 - PC Industry Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls and vote on annual direction items. (available to only GRC corporate level members)
- Executive Level $4,700 - PC Executive Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls. Executive Level membership will also receive one seat/vote on the Committee. (available only to GRC Supporting, Sustaining or Patron members)
- Corporate Level $12,725 - PC Corporate Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls and vote on annual direction items. Corporate Level membership will also receive two seats/votes on the Committee. (available only to GRC Sustaining or Patron members)
- Board Level $26,750 - PC Board Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC calls as and vote on annual direction items. Board Level membership will also receive two seats/votes on the Committee. Board level members are integrally involved in the work of the Committee. (available only to GRC Patron members)
GRC and Policy Committee Memberships – How to Join
First review the membership levels available to you to join GRC and participate in the Policy Committee as described in this letter. In joining the GRC, we’re pleased to provide expanded membership benefits for the corporate levels at the same GRC membership prices as last year. All past and current GRC and GEA members may join the GRC as a member only or with the additional dues join the PC.
For current GRC members, if you want to participate in the Policy Committee, then you can go online through your my.geothermal.org account and select the level of the PC you’d like to join and pay via credit card or request we send you an invoice. In order to see the Policy Committee you qualify for, you must first sign in. To change your current GRC or PC membership level, please contact Anh Lay by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For GEA members you may join GRC and the PC by contacting Anh Lay in the GRC office via email email@example.com, phone 530-758-2360 ext 100, or online on my.geothermal.org to create an account.
For GEA members who already made a payment to GEA for 2018, you will fall into one of two scenarios:
- If you paid your full 2018 dues directly to GEA that included the GRC amount, GEA will transfer the GRC portion to the GRC office.
- If you paid GEA only the PC portion of the dues, then GRC will invoice you directly for the 2018 GRC organizational membership dues.
Going forward, all members will receive their renewal notices directly from the GRC and payment will be made to them. As a member you’ll be able to renew or make changes to your membership through the online membership system. Your GRC membership is good until December 31, 2018. If you have questions, please contact Anh Lay 530-758-2360x100.
Member Consent for Use of Electronic Transmissions for Elections and Ballots with the GRC
As a member of the GRC, you must provide written consent in order to receive ,or send to the GRC, official communications such as about Elections and Ballots via electronic transmission.
Member Consent Form (PDF)