Membership - The GRC Advantage
How Do I Join?
To join download: GRC Membership & Policy Committee Application......... (PDF)
or find out more about the benefits of GRC Membership on the My Geothermal website.......
Current GRC Members can update profile information, renew membership or search the Membership Database by using your Member ID and Password online........... Renew and update your profile online on the My Geothermal website........
The GRC membership is open to any person, organization, agency, or company. Membership advantage include access to:
- GRC Annual Meeting & Expo - Discount to the largest geothermal
conference in North America, the GRC Annual Meeting is
the most important yearly event in the geothermal world.
- GRC Bulletin - (6 issues) official worldwide industry trade publication of the Geothermal Resources Council, the Bulletin is the definitive voice for geothermal energy development and production.
- Online access to the GRC Membership Directory - provides business, consulting and research contacts throughout the international geothermal community.
- Global Geothermal News - Weekly Summary - All members receive a weekly summary of articles from the Global Geothermal News website.
- Online GRC Library - More than 40,000 catalogued items, free downloads of premium content.
- Education Program - special meetings, workshops, and conferences on a broad range of topics pertaining to geothermal exploration, development and utilization at a discount to members.
- International Geothermal Association (IGA) Membership - through the GRC's affiliation with the International Geothermal Association (IGA), all GRC Members are automatically members of the IGA, which offers discount registration to its World Geothermal Congress events (every 5 years), quarterly IGA News and a special discount rate for the international publication, Geothermics.
- Discount on advertising - exclusive first-access space consideration in all GRC publications.
- GRC Policy Committee - make an impact and join the optional policy committee (see policy committee tab for more info).
Additionally, GRC members receive a discount on advertising and exclusive first-access space consideration in all GRC publications. For more information about advertising, please contact Anh Lay. More information about a GRC Membership Application. New members can also contact GRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 758-2360 for further information.
Types of Memberships
- Individual $130 (New Tier Pricing For 2020! Tier 1: $130 Tier 2: $78 Tier 3: $39 See Note*)
- Student (student Id with a valid date or class schedule required) $20
- Retired (must be retired and 65 years of age or older) $65 (New Tier Pricing For 2020! Tier 1: $65 Tier 2: $39 Tier 3: $20 See Note*)
- Benefactor $230
Note*: The GRC Board of Directors approved a Tier Pricing structure for Individual and Retired memberships based on the current World Bank classification starting for 2020 memberships. To find out if the country you reside in qualifies for for a discounted rate, please click on the link button. All countries not listed in the document are consider Tier 1.
Your Corporate Membership provides various levels of representation for your organization. Each representative can vote in the GRC Board of Directors elections and will receive the GRC Bulletin, Membership Roster and Registry of Geothermal Services & Equipment, Annual Conference information, and workshop flyers.
Take advantage of the representation your membership allows at the following levels:
- Company (up to five representative memberships) $650
- Supporting (up to eleven representative memberships) $1,300
- Sustaining (up to twenty representative memberships) $2,275
- Patron (up to thirty representative memberships) $3,250
Each representative can vote in the GRC Board of Directors elections* and will receive access to the GRC online library, the GRC Bulletin, the Membership Roster and Registry of Geothermal Services & Equipment, weekly email newsletter, updates on the GRC Annual Meeting & Expo, and information on any upcoming GRC workshops.
* Each corporate representative will have the same voting rights as an individual membership - One vote for each rep regardless of whether or not the corporation/organization has maxed out of the number of reps for the corporate level purchased. An actual person employed by the company must be designated as a rep in order to vote. The corporation/organization can delete, add, or switch a rep at any point during the year, but the person must have been designated as a rep with the GRC for at least 2 months before an election to be able to vote.
Make An Impact!
The GRC Policy Committee (PC) is an add-on option for GRC members who want to fund advocacy work at the federal, state and local levels. A continuation of the expansive work of the Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), the Policy Committee is comprised of companies and individuals from a broad spectrum of the geothermal power industry. The GRC Policy Committee advocates for public policies that will promote the development and utilization of geothermal resources and provides a forum for the industry to discuss issues and problems.
Chair of the Policy Committee:
Paul Thomsen (Ormat Technologies, Inc.), email: email@example.com.
Please note you must be a GRC member first to sign up for the Policy Committee.
To sign up for a GRC membership please click here.
Policy Committee Levels
(fees are in addition to GRC membership fees):
- Individual/Student/Faculty $100 - PC Individual Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC meetings held every other month (by conference call or in person). (available only to GRC members)
- Corporate Level $1,000 - PC Corporate Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC meetings and vote on annual policy strategy. (available only to GRC Corporate Level members)
- Board Level $10,000 - PC Board Members will be included on the PC mailing list to be kept appraised of activities as well as receive an invitation to participate on PC meetings. Board Level members will also receive one vote on PC specific actions such as policy decisions, letters, etc. (available only to GRC Supporting/Sustaining/Patron members)
The Policy Committee is governed by an eleven-person Executive Committee consisting of eight members voted by popular majority by all PC members (four Board level, two Corporate and two Individual members), plus the PC Chairperson, GRC President and Executive Director. The PC Chairperson is voted by popular majority. All PC members have one vote in regards to the elected Executive Committee positions. Voting will be annually at the GRC Annual Meeting.